Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton and Southern Lake Counties
At SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton and Southern Lake Counties we want to wish you a happy and safe holiday season! Please keep these Christmas Tree Fire Safety Tips in mind during this holiday season!
1. If you use a live tree, choose one with fresh green needles that do not fall off when touched and keep it watered to make it last.
2. When purchasing an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled as fire-retardant.
3. When decorating your tree replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
4. Place your tree it at least three feet away from any heat source including your fireplace, heaters and candles.
5. Never leave Christmas tree lights on if the tree is unattended. Unplug them when you go to bed or leave the home.
6. Make sure your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are operating properly.
Have a safe and joyful holiday season!!