If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (219) 779-7577

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Ceiling Fan Electrical Fire

The ceiling fan in this Cedar Lake, Indiana home caught fire while the homeowners were not home. Electrical fires can happen when old faulty electric lines are not updated, which was the case in this fire. To prevent an electrical fire, never use an appliance with a worn or frayed cord. Worn or frayed cords can send heat onto combustible surfaces like curtains, rugs, walls, and floors. Another common cause of electrical fires is running cords under rugs. Signs of electrical fires include circuit breakers that keep tripping, discolored or charred outlets or switches and a persisting burnt smell with no identifiable source. If you have old wiring consider upgrading your electric.