National Preparedness Month - 12 Ways to Prepare
September is National Preparedness Month. As the month comes to the end, we want to remind you of 12 ways you can take action and prepare for any emergency or disaster. Simple actions at home and in your community can make a big difference.
- Sign up for alerts and warnings
- Make a plan
- Save for a rainy day
- Practice emergency drills
- Test family communication plan
- Safeguard documents
- Plan with neighbors
- Make your home safer
- Know evacuation routes
- Assemble or update supplies
- Get involved in your community
- Document and insure property
SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton & Southern Lake Counties can help if you are affected by a disaster. Keep us in mind - no job is too big or too small.