If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (219) 779-7577

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Personal Protective Equipment for Mold Remediation

4/12/2017 (Permalink)

This SERVPRO of Benton, Japser, Newton and Southern Lake Counties technician is ready to take care of mold in this Saint John, Indiana home.

Mold remediation is often necessary after water damages that sit undiscovered for a length of time. Mold can grow quickly on damp or wet building materials provided the right conditions are met. There are hundreds of different species of mold and each species requires different conditions to thrive. While most mold species prefer warm, humid environments with little to no air movement; certain mold species can grow in cooler and drier environments. Some molds produce toxins which are harmful if breathed in or ingested. Our crews wear special personal protective equipment while remediating mold to reduce their exposure.

In the photo to the right, you can see one of our crew members dressed to do mold remediation. He is wearing a Tyvek suit and gloves which are puncture resistant and can be disposed of after he finishes working. He is also wearing a full face respirator which will filter the air and prevent him from breathing in mold spores while he works. At SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton and Southern Lake Counties we take mold and safety seriously. We always recommend that our customers stay out of the work area while mold is being remediated. If you think you have mold in your home, call us at 219-779-7577 to take care of it for you.

Other News

View Recent Posts