If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (219) 779-7577

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold on Kitchen Cabinets

2/9/2018 (Permalink)

Visible mold inside the vanity of a home after flooding.

Mold can cause serious damage to your home or business. The photo shows mold that has grown on the bathroom cabinets from a recent project. Mold is capable of growing on most building materials. Left unaddressed, mold will eventually destroy everything it grows on. Delayed or improper treatment of mold issues can multiply repair costs exponentially. Mold growth is caused by elevated moisture levels. The first step to removing mold is to correct the moisture problem. In the photographed case, the moisture came in from a hurricane. Crews worked quickly to set dehumidifiers to reduce the humidity in the building. Then they removed the affected building materials. Finally, they treated the framing and subfloors with an antimicrobial to eliminate any remaining mold and microbial growth.

Other News

View Recent Posts